Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Impatience, Paris and Striped Tees by Nancy Batlin

Another installment from our guest blogger Nancy Batlin.

--
I had planned to share a secret shopping gem downtown this week. But it’s so secret that even I couldn’t get an appointment right away. So, for all the curious fashion obsessed, you’ll just have to patiently wait another week for that reveal. But waiting is torment for me. Patience and fashion are definitely not two words that go together in my world. I’ve been anxiously waiting for my leather harness dress and gladiator heels from Skingraft, I think Nick, my beloved Skingraft connection, might have changed his cell # after my relentless text messages: “Are they in yet??? Don’t forget to hold my sizes!!!” So while I impatiently wait for the dress, shoes and my appointment at the secret downtown store, I’m also very impatient about getting back to Paris. A second home for me. I’m missing Paris so badly that I am buying chic French inspired stripped t-shirts in droves to feed my Parisian yearnings. I’m dreaming of sitting in my favorite champagne bar – Les Etages – or sipping bubbles at Merci, wearing my stripped t-shirt and Skingraft gladiator heels (Nick!! When are they arriving??) and a dash of red lipstick (that somehow stays on even while sipping – only in Paris does that happen.). While I wait for airline ticket prices to drop and for Nick to call, here’s some of my stripped tee shirt obsessions recently purchased in anticipation of a flight across the Atlantic for some bubbly; and a peek at my Y-3 spring indulgences. I couldn’t help myself.
I had to keep busy and pacify my impatience somehow.


T-Shirts:
Roger P Miller – gravelandgold.com (That’s not me. I don’t know these people but I like them and I have the girl’s shirt!)




Commes Des Garcons – Weathervane; Barneys; FarFetch.com; Comme Des Garcons






American Apparel (Mens)



Y-3 – y-3store.com





Paris Spots:
Les Etages – Champagne Bar 35 Rue Vieille du Temple, 75004




Merci – Café and Lifestyle Store 111 Boulevard Beaumarchais, 73003



The Broken Arm – Café and Lifestyle Store 12 rue Perrée, 75003





No comments:

Post a Comment